I’m writing this with hope that someone will learn from my past experiences and mistakes so they don’t have to repeat my errors. Just maybe they’ll get a little further ahead in life then I will.
(Will Be updated frequently)
1. God is the exception to every rule.
2. Learn from other people’s mistakes. Chances are you will make the same mistakes most people make. It will save you time if you learn their lessons ahead of time.
3. Make peace with the fact that you will eventually die, everyone and everything you love will eventually die and that everything you do in life is ultimately pointless.
4. There is hope. If you think about it, our own existence is impossible, so our own logical understanding is flawed. There is a possibility that we can live forever. Me? I believe God exists, because it’s the only thing that makes sense.
5. Existence is pain, so start learning to enjoy pain.
6. In this existence money is power.
7. Money is just a tool. Never fall in love with money.
8. Learn to love pointless things.
9. Do what makes you money before pursuing what you love.
10. Life will never be fair.
11. You aren’t special.
12. Stop looking for purpose to your life. Chances are, it doesn’t exist.
13. If you want something work hard for it.
14. Never take pills for removing acne. It will rid you of acne, but it will fuck with your eye’s oil glands and make your eyes dry for the rest of your life. (Blepharitis)
15. You don’t always get to choose the outcome of your actions, or even life.
16. Relationships require more than love, and, more often than not, your love partner will be a heartless bitch.
17. People will never be perfect.
18. Lower your expectations and you’ll never be disappointed.
19. Don’t expect to always be happy.
20. Control your emotions so they don’t control you.
21. Math is important. (Relatively speaking)
22. Decide for yourself what is important and remember that it’s only important for as long as you believe it’s important.
23. Stop caring about the opinions of others. Only care about what you think about yourself.
24. You will always have exactly as much value as every other person that exists.
25. Being able to connect with people and the ability to convince people to follow your plans adds their value to yours making the plan more valuable and more likely to succeed.
26. If you demand something, without hesitation, you can sometimes trick people into thinking you have the authority to make that call.
27. In some situations no one has authority to make a decision. Speak up, make a decision and they will most often go with it.
28. Even if someone has authority over you, call them out on their bullshit. You will most likely not be fired.
29. Take reasonable risks
30. If you don’t risk being fired to call out injustices you will never get anywhere and you’ll have to suffer through all the bullshit.
31. Never sign papers at work when you are in trouble. (Even if you did what the paper says) If they force you to write a signature make sure to write “Signature acknowledges receipt only” before you write your signature. (You can even write “I didn’t do this" in the comments if you like.) Leaving a paper trail like that can only hinder your ability to do your job and, most importantly, make money.
32. Learn about nutrition. The healthier you are the longer you live and the higher quality the life you have.
33. Get proper exercise. Longer and better quality of life, plus the added bonus of teaching yourself to enjoy pain.
34. Learning the basics of cooking is essential for any person.